Okay, I know I've been quite the slacker with the blog. Honestly, I just haven't been in the mood to get on the site and update. And as I've mentioned before, life continues to fly by in every area but the adoption. Spencer's schedule alone has kept us hopping.
We have the first rumor showing up today for this newest batch of referrals. The Rumor Queen site has someone saying they've been informed by their Social Worker that the CCAA has matched through December 10, 2005. This particular person stating the rumor does not know who their Social Worker's information source is. They are also not saying that the 10th is the cutoff, just that the 10th is inlcuded.
RQ is not rating this rumor yet since it's basically third-hand information and only one source. She's also careful to remind us all that early rumors tend to not be too accurate. I'd say we have a couple more weeks before we see this next batch arriving. I'm beyond expecting a speed-up, so my hopes are not up. But I also know the CCAA can be full of surprises. We'll just have to wait and see. "Wait and see"...isn't that what we've been doing for the last 20 months now? But seriously...who's keeping track?
I saw a UPS truck the other day and just longed for the day when we will be anxiously awaiting that "brown stork" to pull into our driveway and deliver Malia's picture and referral information. It will be so surreal...and emotional...and precious...and exciting! I can't wait for that long-awaited moment.
The kids in our youth group are hilarious and sometimes blurt out the phrase, "I ain't gonna lie..." and then insert some random thought that catches us all off guard and cracks us up. So tonight I leave you with this: I ain't gonna lie, some days I feel like this adoption will never happen. The wait is hard and frustrating. I think we've waited long enough already, even in light of knowing we still have several more months to wait. But I know it will be worth it. I'll keep you posted on the rumors. Smiles, hugs and blessings to you all!




1 comment:
I know it has been a long wait. I wish there was something I could do to speed things up. But alas there isnt.
You hang in there.
Know that you are loved by so many.
MIL-that is a fruitcake!
Post a Comment