
Yeah!!!! We went to get Spencer from camp today. Let me just say that the trip to bring him home was much easier for me than the trip last Sunday to drop him off. He had a blast this last week - made new friends and participated in lots of fun activities. His favorite thing this week was paint ball. And, to my delight, Spencer was sad to leave camp today - something I've prayed for all week. I wanted him to have such a great time that he'd be a little sad to come home. Thank you, Lord, for answering this prayer!
The campers always do a closing program for the parents on the last day. This year they did skits of Bible characters they learned about throughout the week - people who stood firm in their faith in times of adversity. Spencer's group did a skit on Joseph, who was sold by his brothers into slavery, but in the end helped rule Egypt. Spencer played the Pharaoh and, might I just say, did a spectacular job.
I had told Spencer that we would take him out to eat at Asian Buffet - our favorite local Chinese restaurant - when he got home from camp (he's been craving it for awhile). So, off we went tonight to have supper there and met up with the Coopers and Flecks. We needed some time to talk about the 4-H booth we're doing for His Heart Our Hands Adoption Care and Orphan Ministry. To my disappointment, we learned tonight that the 4-H Fair is not this coming week as usual, but the week after - which is the week that Spencer and I will be at National BYIC Convention in Ohio. Bummer!
Anyway, it is such a blessing having some time tonight just relaxing and lounging around with BOTH my guys at home! I so can't wait for Malia to join us!!!




2 comments:
Glad Spencer had such a good time. It is a huge rewarding growing experience for all.
I have got to see if the Asian Buffet will get those Shanghi Donuts. Yumm Yumm !
Enjoy your time together as a family.
Hugs and Kisses
Much Love
So glad he had fun...and happy he is home : )
Post a Comment