Saturday, June 23, 2007

Annie Jr. - Starring Spencer as Daddy Warbucks

May we introduce to you the next Broadway Star ... Spencer! After three full weeks of rehearsals for summer theater, the cast put on performances last night and tonight. They did the musical Annie Jr., which, as you probably can tell, is the junior version of Annie - which happened to be one of my absolute favorite movies growing up.


Summer theater consists of two age groups (elementary and jr/sr high school) and includes all schools in the county, so there are large casts for each age group. The younger group did Annie Jr. and the older group did Bells Are Ringing. Both groups did a fabulous job with their preformances.



Spencer was cast as Daddy Warbucks. He got off lucky not having to wear the bald cap and instead got to let his curls fly. Above he is with a sleepy Annie and below he is singing.




We were absolutely thrilled with how well he performend each night. He was soooooo great! And he received many compliments from others on how well he did. I so appreciate those words of encouragement that come from outside the family, even from people we don't know. Maybe then it will really resonate with him how well he's done - cause, you know, we family members are quite biased!




Friday night was the cast pizza party, so Spencer got to hang out with lots of his friends from the cast. He had so much fun and was sad to see it all end tonight - at least for this year. Next year he'll be with the big kids. We can't wait to see how he'll flourish over the years.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

^5's to Spencer. He was great.We were so proud of him. I am not biased in the least...LOL...I think he was super great. He is a natural for acting.
Some one came up to me thinking I was Spencers mother...and told me how wonderful he was. His mother? I made sure they knew I was Grandma and I was very proud of this young man.
Of course the computers email was hot from over use last night.
I sent pictures and movies to everyone I knew.
We are so proud of the job you did Spencer. We cant wait until next year.
Much Love and Devotion

Anonymous said...

We were so proud and so impressed with how well Spencer performed. He is broadway material..or how about American Idol. He did a GREAT and FANTASTIC job. As with mom, dad, and Grandma Cindy, we're a little biased but still he did a super job. We think he has found his niche and hope he continues to pursue what he enjoys.
Love, hugs, kisses & smiles,
Grandma and Grandpa R