Monday, May 28, 2007

In Memory

Today we remember all the men and women who have died fighting for the freedom of our country. May God bless them and their families, friends, and fellow soldiers left behind. May our country reflect the true freedom for which they have fought.

Today I also remember a lifelong friend who fought with honor and courage. We miss you dearly, Michael.

In memory of Michael T. Hiester
(1972 - 2005)

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I had a classmate die in the Vietnam war. He was only 18. His name is on the wall in Washington. When we were there I found his name. It is so sad to think he never lifed a full life. But...he is the reason we all have the freedoms we have. We cant ever thank our troops enough for the sacrifice they make for each and everyone of us.
I love you all so very much.

Anonymous said...

How thoughtful and touching. We stopped at Grandma's grave before we left LaSalle. On Tuesday we went to Uncle Don's grave and we are planning to go to Michael's this week...just to tell them thanks. You are such a dear person and we love you so very much. Thanks for being you!
Love, hugs, kisses & smiles,
Mom & Dad R

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for always remembering Michael
You are so thoughtful - just like your mama!
Kay