Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Getting Caught Up

I hate being sick. I don't fall ill very often, but when I do it's pretty bad. The flu had me down for a good three days and another two were spent trying to get my strength back. I don't weigh myself very often, but I know the general range. When I hopped on the scale Friday morning I was a good 10 pounds under the lower end. Yep, I had it bad.


But, Sunday was a pretty good day. I felt a little puny at church, but after arriving at Rick's sister's house and getting some lunch in me, I felt the best I'd felt since Tuesday night.


I know some family members who were waiting for a post on Spencer's band concert last Tuesday. Since that was the night I got sick, I'm just now getting around to posting it.

The 6th grade band did another fine performance. Unfortunately, Spencer was sitting where none of us could see him. I tried taking a picture of his foot (since that was the only thing I could see), but it didn't turn out. I did get this shot as they began to file off stage. Surely the band teacher knows I'm a picture-a-holic! What was he thinking putting Spencer in the middle where no one could get a decent picture???

I've been checking out the Rumor Queen site tonight and discovered that there is an R3 that this next batch of referrals will be good size. R1 rumors mean one source has something floating around. An R5 means a rumor is now fact. So, we're somewhere in the middle with this current rumor. I've been on the adoption rollercoaster long enough to know anything is possible. I'll be keeping my fingers, toes, eyes, etc. crossed that it's a doozy!!!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

As always I look forward to any news you post on your blog. Spencer's concert was excellent. It is so enjoyable to watch the kids grow and mature. He reminds me of his dad in so many ways. It is like watching Rick all over again. Same goes for Luke. He looks like Rick and runs like Rick did.
I love being Grandma. I love being close to the grandkids. I love being involved in their lives.
I am so blessed to have family close around to enjoy.
I am so sorry you were sick. I will try and be a better MIL.
Love you to pieces.
As always
Love and devotion

Anonymous said...

Spencer, I can't believe that was your last middle school program. I'm so grateful that we are able to see you perform. I hope you continue with band at school and with your guitar. I've been very impressed with your ability for the short time you have been in band and taking guitar lessons. What a boy!! Your 2000G will sound great!
Love you all bunches and bunches,
Mom R