So, this morning Malia woke around 8:30 am. She was happy and full of her usual high energy. After changing her diaper I gave her a big hug and said "Happy new year, Malia" to which she replied, "Max. Cookie." I was a little confused at first, but then it made sense.
Malia loves watching the cartoon "Max & Ruby." It's a cute show about two bunnies that are brother and sister. One of the episodes teaches about new years. The story goes that Ruby and Max are at their grandmother's house for their first new year's party. Max is excited to eat the special clock cookies that his grandmother had made, but Ruby kept telling him no, that he needed to wait until the clock struck midnight when they shouted "happy new year!" So, once the clock struck midnight, Max shouts "Happy New Year!" and eats a cookie.
Malia hadn't seen this episode in days - at least that I know of. So, when I made the connection between what she was saying and the cartoon episode I was, well, amazed. She's such a smart cookie!




2 comments:
How cute!
She is a smart cookie! I hope she got to watch the episode while eating a cookie :) Happy New Year to all of you too :)
Post a Comment