Friday, October 30, 2009

THE BEST BIRTHDAY GIFT!

So, today was my birthday. Once again, I'm thirty-something. I'm tempted to say I'm only three quarters of a year older because last year on this day I flew across the international date line while heading to China, so the 30th wasn't a full day for me. I know ..... it's a feabile attempt at staying younger. But, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do to stay young, right?

Anyway, that's not really why I'm documenting today. It's for a much more important reason. Today was the first day Malia said "love you." It was sweet music to my ears to hear her sweet voice say those two words. One of those moments you wish you could bottle up and keep with you to open and experience whenever the mood strikes. It was the best birthday gift I could have received. Although, following in a close second was my long awaited date night with Rick.

3 comments:

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

Happy Birthday! What a great gift :)

Winter said...

happy birthday! and i got a little teary...there is nothing better that that thats for sure!

a little leprechaun said...

Too sweet! Gave me goosebumps!