Monday, August 10, 2009

PIZZA PARTY
Friday

Our first official reunion activity! More importantly, our first chance to get to see everyone! But first, there was pizza to eat!



With tummies now full it was time to mingle and catch up with the families. To help everyone remember names, we all wore name tags. Malia loved pulling them off, sticking them back on, pulling them off, sticking them back on ... and so on and so on until each of ours were demolished. Here she is working on Mama Peg's.



One highlight for this evening was watching a special video about the city of Yifeng and the orphanage. Here are Malia and Katie discussing what they see.



One of our hosts, Terri (aka Katie's Mommy), put together a gift bucket for each of the girls that included brochures about St. Louis, the zoo we will be visiting tomorrow, the red reunion t-shirts for the girls, and other goodies.


It was such a great evening. Being able to see all our travel companions was such a blessings. I can only describe our relationships as being similar to an old friend you don't see often, but when you do you're able to catch up and take off where you left off last. Our lives were each changed forever through this amazing journey and we shared that experience together. These families will forever be dear to our hearts.

2 comments:

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

Why am I so emotional reading this??? I think because Malia is such a blessing!!!! You are so right when you say all of your lives were changed forever!!! I will always remember and hold dear those we traveled with! I am so glad you were able to all get together again!!!

a little leprechaun said...

I love how you put that - old friends part. That is exactly 'it'! Thank you for putting it into words.

Dana bought those adorable red reunion t-shirts. Weren't they so fun?!?!?

Did Malia like the Boz DVD?