Saturday, June 27, 2009

SPENCER'S SUMMER THEATER PERFORMANCES


After three full weeks of rehearsals, the summer theater junior and senior high cast performed the musical "Working" on Friday and Saturday nights. The theme of this play is more serious than funny (they are usually pretty funny), but the kids did a fantastic job. They each have much to be proud of.




I had a hard time focusing during the first half of the play on Friday night since Malia was sitting on my lap. Unfortunately, the performance began only a half hour before her bedtime, so she was tired and fidgety. However, it was funny to watch her try to share her crackers with people who didn't want any. She was pretty adamant that they "did" want some. She'd also wiggle her booty and dance to the music. Rick took her home at intermission to go to bed, so the second half was a little more enjoyable for me.

Here's Spencer with has fan club ...


Great job, Spencer D.!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Great Job Spencer D.
I used to call your dad Ricky D. How bout that.
I must say, you were the only person I know in the whole play that didnt mess up their lines. You are super duper! Love the dance moves too. You have lots of rythum.
Love ya Spency
Gma

a little leprechaun said...

Congrats Spencer!! That is awesome!! I hope we get to see you in August!!