After lunch today we colored Easter eggs ... one of our favorite Easter traditions. Here are Spencer and Malia ready to get started.

Spencer takes his egg-dipping very seriously. The results ... fabulous!

While his eggs sat in the dye, we tried a couple different new styles of decorating eggs that I found in a magazine. The first idea was to use puffy paints. Last night we did the first step, which is to draw lines with the black paint and then let that paint dry.

Then it's time to fill in the spaces, which is what we did today. Just take colorful puffy paint and make a beautiful stain glass effect on your egg.



We all agreed that this type of decorating is a little tedious. Doing one egg a piece was plenty enough for each of us.
Unfotunately, this year's Easter egg decorating session seemed to be a little boring for Malia. There's only so much she could do.

I had her help me as much as possible. Here we are putting Mod Pod on an egg so we could decorate it with embroidery floss. Once again, a very tedious procedure.

The end result was cool, though.

And, here we are. The four of us with our Easter eggs.

They are now our dining room table center piece.

Side note: Today, Spencer left for a spring break trip to Washing DC with my parents. He'll be gone all week ... and I already miss him! I'll post pictures of his trip when he gets home.




2 comments:
Looking at Spencer in these photos, makes me think he looks like his Grammy (Cindy). Malia has a look of "What am I supposed to be doing"?
Much love
Absolutely beautiful! Too much fun!
Post a Comment