- I began to get sick. Yep, the nasty stuff no one wishes on their worst enemy.
MONDAY - Our 4 month Gotcha Day Anniversary!
- I was down for the count. Quarantined in my own bedroom. Rick took the day off work to look after Malia. It was torture to listen to them playing, knowing I couldn't be a part of it.
TUESDAY
- Feeling better, but puny.
WEDNESDAY
- I'm pretty much back to normal, but Malia develops a lopsided face ...
... so off to the doctor we go. Diagnosis is a little tricky since there are a couple glands in that area. The only way to find out for sure is by xray and the doctor didn't want to do that if he could help it. After consulting an ENT specialist, they decided to treat it as an infected saliva gland, prescribed an antibiotic and scheduled a check-up for the 17th. (She's doing much better and looks normal again!) (And, let me just say that Malia is now taking medicine four times a day!)
THURSDAY
- Spencer pleaded to stay home from school, but with no fever I made him go since they were taking ISTEP tests. He had a sore throat, which made me a little nervous since strep is going around in our area.
- Spencer came home from school with a fever and wasn't talking because his throat hurt so badly. I took him to the doctor who tested for strep, which came back negative (thank goodness). Diagnosis: flu. It's a nasty strain, according to the doctor, and he has it good. What he has is totally different than what I had.
FRIDAY
- Spencer stays home from school, misses a surprise party, as well as going to a friend's house to stay the night. He also missed a birthday party on Saturday and church today. Poor kid. Not a good weekend to find himself sick.
TODAY
- Spencer is still fighting a fever. It comes and goes, but just won't go away for good. He'll be staying home from school again tomorrow.
So, that's what we've been up to around here.




2 comments:
Whoo! What a week you've had! We might be coming down with something again here, as well! Get healthy you all and stay that way! I do hope we all can make MOPS this week!
This is a week I'm sure you are glad is behind you. Be sure to Lysol the house before Wednesday. :) Sorry Spence missed so much this past weekend but he probably didn't feel like doing much anyway. Rick, are you staying in the garage?
Love to all & pray for a healthier week.
Mom & Dad R
Post a Comment