We went to Sheiman Island to do some more shopping today. Since our hotel is not on this little island, our guides gave us a business card for the White Swan Hotel (which is very famous and on the island) so we could show the card to a taxi driver and he would know where to drop us off.
Since we were at the infamous White Swan, we browsed around and took a few photos. I must say this lobby is "to die for!"
Since we were at the infamous White Swan, we browsed around and took a few photos. I must say this lobby is "to die for!"

We have to go back to the island one more time, so we plan to take the infamous "red couch photos" when we do.
We ate lunch at Lucy's today, which has "American" food. We're all getting a little home sick for some home cookin' and this was as close as we could get. Hamburgers and french fries were easily found at our table (along with one grilled cheese sandwich and a few onion rings). The hamburgers didn't taste exactly like home, but the french fries and grilled cheese were awesome! Here is Little Miss Piggy chowing down on most of her lunch while we waited for ours. Rice cereal with freshly squeezed tangerine juice for flavor has become a staple for us. Of course, Malia shared some of our french fries, too.
And here are the three stooges posing with one of the statues outside of Lucy's ...
We joked saying this is what we'll all look like when we leave Lucy's. Thank goodness it didn't come true!
Then this evening was the popular dinner cruise on the Pearl River. None of us really ate much (me because I was holding Malia who was sleeping and then woke up to eat a full bottle - and the others because they didn't find much appetizing). The lights along the river, however, were absolutely beautiful. After eating we went up to the observation deck to take in the view. Malia even really enjoyed seeing all the lights.

Here are the four of us (it's so weird to say "four") with our guide Elsie - who we love - at the dinner table.

And here is the infamous daring duo ...




2 comments:
I am so happy for an update! I was a little worried, I know I'm crazy!!! The views from the cruise look awesome. I know how you feel about the food--it's ok for a little while, but then you really just want HOME!!!
OK....You are doubly spoiling us today....I am not getting anything done but checking this site today!!
Beautiful night pictures....and you even got the full moon in the one!! What amazing scenery that is surrounding you.
I'm a little envious of seeing some of you in short sleeves and shorts while I'm sitting here in my winter woolies. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you might as well leave those clothes there for the Chinamen...because you won't be needing them here! Brrrr!!! Enjoy your last warm days for awhile....
Post a Comment