We received an email from our agency this morning stating the CCAA updated "the box" to show the offical cutoff of this month's referral batch as January 31, 2006. A dismal two-day batch considering the 2006 Chinese New Year began on January 28th - so the 26th and 27th were the only LIDs included in this batch.
There has been some talk on the Rumor Queen site that apparently some European countries had a lot of families logged in during those two days, so it's possible even though only two days were referred it was a big enough batch as far as number of referrals.
There has been some talk on the Rumor Queen site that apparently some European countries had a lot of families logged in during those two days, so it's possible even though only two days were referred it was a big enough batch as far as number of referrals.
It's a little confusing as to why the CCAA chose the 31st as the offical cutoff since the 2006 CNY was January 28-Febraury 5th. I'm thinking the most likely reason is simply to close out the month of January. However, there are some who think there is a quota system in place at the CCAA (even though the CCAA continually denies this claim). To date the CCAA is averaging five days of LIDs in each batch of referrals. If they stay true to this, that means next months batch would only include through February 5th or 6th (and not really skip over the CNY dates like we were expecting them to). With an LID of February 9th, this would put us with a referral in October. So for now, since I'm rather disappointed and a little sad and out of energy to hope, I'll be expecting our referral to arrive in the October batch rather than next month. It's sad, really, because we are offically only 4 LID days away from our referral, but if feels like it's forever away.
I must say that I'm so thankful for my faith and the trust I have in God's timing. I know that He is ultimately in control, not the CCAA. So with that I take comfort in knowing that Malia just isn't ready to be matched with us yet. In His time...
However, it is very difficult to watch the Olympics, seeing all the Asian children all over the TV, and not miss my daughter.




4 comments:
I think Cindy and I should go over there and arm wrestle someone for your referral. How about it Cindy, are you game?
My heartfelt disappointment and much love for all of you. Keep the hope alive...soon it will happen, as you said "In His timing."
Rick, you probably would be safe to unpack a few items from your backpack for a few weeks.
Love & hugs & attempting to smile,
Mom R
Hi Jennifer! Hang in there. We won't have much longer. I know when we are standing in China with our daughers, we will completely forgot about all this 'labor pain' of a wait.
Big Hugs!
Terri
I am sorry it was not a bigger batch this time. I cannot imagine how hard it is to watch the Olympics without at least a picture of Malia. We are praying and we trust God will bring her home soon!!!
Anyone up for a game of 'get the referral over here now'? Peggy will help me.
I know it is disappointing, but renew your faith that it is so much closer than it was a year ago.
I have my baggie all packed. I am ready to go any time.
Know that you are all loved so much by many people.
Mama Mia
Post a Comment