Sunday, July 1, 2007

What A Day

Well, today marks TWO YEARS since we began this journey of love to our daughter, Malia. On July 1, 2005 we mailed off our application to our adoption agency, Children's Hope International. With two years behind us, we never imagined we'd still be waiting to bring her home, but we are still filled with hopes and dreams of having this precious child in our lives. God has truly blessed us with patience, as well as family and friends who have lifted us - and Malia - in prayer ... and for each of you we are truly grateful. We consider it a privilege to share this journey with such loving and caring people and we can't wait to introduce Malia to all of you!

Ironically enough, Rick and I find ourselves childless on this anniversary evening. Earlier this afternoon we dropped Spencer off at church camp. I have to admit that I am truly struggling with letting go of this most precious gift in my life. He's grown up much too quickly and I fear how quickly the next few years will go by. Being a mom sure isn't easy sometimes, but I wouldn't trade it for the world! Please be in prayer for Spencer this week as he goes through this first experience away from home without family or friends. We know he'll make new friends - ones we hope will last a lifetime - but he was a little nervous and feeling some uncertainty when we left him earlier today. And, please be in prayer for his mother! I'll be an anxious ball of nerves all week long, longing for Saturday when I can run and give him a hug and see with my own eyes that he's alright.

I tell ya ... what a day!!!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

You are not alone in your feelings or struggles. We have all been there at some point in our lives. We survived and you will too. Isnt it amazing how, even at the point in our lifes that each of us are, that we are also growing in maturity and love. I have often looked at my parenting and compared it to God's. He sent His Son to 'Camp' and let Him grow.
When I think of how much I have watched and seen my own children grow and mature, I always see how God has done the same with me.
It is one way too truly realize how much God loves each one of us.
Spencer will come home with lots of stories. You have a great son.
We are all so proud of him.
Saturday will be here before you know it and Spency will have had a great week.
Hang in there..........
Two years and the count down continues. Each day is one day closer to Malia. She is going to be a much anticipated addition to our family.
Much Love and Devotion

LaLa said...

Happy 2 years. I cannot believe how long the wait has gotten and I am so glad you are getting the love and support you need. When you hold her....it will all be sooo worth it. Of course, you already know that : )

Hope Spencer has a wonderful time. Some of my best childhood memories are from church camp!

Anonymous said...

WOW - 2 years...which means Malia is 2 years closer to being part of a loving family, Spencer is 2 years closer to being a big brother, and Rick and you are 2 years closer to having a daughter. And of course 2 years closer for Tom,Cindy,and us being new grandparents. Isn't it wonderful how God works!
We understand about Spencer going off to camp alone. Parenting is hard for those who take it seriously. The first venture is always a tough time. Remember, your job is to guide him to be a responsible and mature person (which you are doing a wonderful job) and that also includes him being able to go places without you...and surviving - both you and him.
We are proud of the way you are handling all the stresses in your life. You are to be commended.
Our love, hugs, kisses & smiles,
Mom & Dad R