Yesterday was the school carnival. Spencer's last one (sniffle, tear, sniffle), which is so hard to believe. The school carnival is a reward for the kids earning Accelerated Reader points (aka: AR points). The kids earn AR points throughout the school year. At the year end carnival they are able to play games, which cost points. The more AR points, the more games they can play. And, each game has prizes.
Spencer asked me to come and hang out again this year to join him and his friends as they went around to the different games. But, when I got to the school they were actually needing more adult help. So Spencer let me stay in one of the rooms and help with one of the games. I think we both had fun, even though we weren't together the whole time.
Spencer did come and see me a few times at the Hula Hoop game. I was the timer while another parent took care of point cards. If the kids could keep a hula hoop going for 50 seconds, they got a big prize. If not, they got a small prize. Here is Spencer and his cousin, Lauren, goin' to town with hula hoops. 
After the carnival was over, Lauren took a picture of Spencer and me. A few minutes later, school was dismissed and Spencer went to Tanner's house with some other boys for a birthday sleepover.
I'm just so proud of this guy and I can't wait to see him with Malia. He is absolutely going to be the BEST big brother EVER!!!




3 comments:
Ok. Now I know I am a little ditzy sometimes. But there was not an area that I could post a comment on the T-shirt. So this is a combined post.
Love the shirt. And of course it looks adorable on my DIL. What a cute idea. How cute that it came wrapped in tissue paper. Made it even more special.
The carnival looked like lots of fun. What a great way to reward the kids for work done all year. I have only one question. Spencer honey, why were you not hula hooping with it around your waist. I know you have enough hitch in your getalong to keep that hoop going. Just kiddin ya. They were both so cute. Fun fun concept for a way to reward the kids. It is so much fun to interact with the kids. I absolutely loved working at the school. The kids really do love the attention and most need just a hug and to know some one cares. I wouldnt trade my experience there for all the gold in Africa. Spencer is movin on to bigger and better things. Just another step to adulthood. You get to start it all over again with Malia. Thank you so much for the post and photos. You know I love reading them. And I love all of you.
Have a great day.
Much love and devotion
What fun. I remember those days... it seems forever ago; oh wait, it was. :) It's just one of many "lasts" in Spencer's life; but, you should be thinking of "firsts"...it'll be his first experience at Jr. High. He is such as great guy that he'll do fine and mom and dad will make it through also.
Love you all a bushel and a peck.
Love, hugs,kisses & smiles,
Mom and Dad R
Great pics and I love the tshirt!!!
Post a Comment