Some many months ago, Rick and I found some beautiful silk material at JoAnn's. We bought enough to make a couple blankets and curtains. I finally got around to sewing the curtains. Notice the bamboo curtain rod. We love that feature. The pink blanket on the chair was knitted with love by Grandma Cindy, and the cute teddy bears are from Grandma Peg.

I found this picture frame at Hobby Lobby some time ago and plan to put Malia's referral picture in it. Right now there is a sonogram that my new friend Tonya (who is also adopting from China) sent me. If you look really close, you can see that the sonogram picture is in the shape of China and the word China is written in the middle. The angel is a Willow Tree angel (I love Willow Tree). I've had it for a few years now and decided to put it in Malia's room, as it is the Angel of Patience. No need to explain that one any further.
And the last picture is of some clothing we have waiting for Malia. We bought the red and pink outfits when we were vacationing in Hawaii in March 2005. We hadn't even officially begun our paperchase yet, but couldn't resist buying these when we saw them in a little shop. They're so cute! The burgandy shirt I found at Old Navy this past December while Christmas shopping. I can't wait to be able to buy tons of girl clothes!

We are so anxious to have Malia home. Right now all we can do is pray for her and dream of her. But someday, she'll be adding life and joy to this room and to our family.






3 comments:
Of course..... I love what you have done. I love the idea of painting flowers around the crib. Tis a long long journey to Malia, but the journey will have precious memories for you. We all love you all so very much. We are so excited to be able to finally see Malia.
Much Love
Mama Mia
Love the room! I had my sister in law paint flowers and ladybugs in our nursery. Love the silk curtains!! The little red dress you have for Malia looks just like one we bought in Taiwan for Alea!! I did get your phone message, and I WILL call you VERY soon!!!
I love the room! Kohl's also has some really neat Asian inspired frames. Just don't do all your shopping here..there is great shopping in China! I am so happy you are getting closer to seeing Malia. I have a feeling we may be getting both our Malia's around the same time : )
Post a Comment